If you’re stumped about what to write in a Father’s Day card, these notes will start you off.
This year, Father’s Day falls on June 19. You’re prepared. You’ve got your Father’s Day gift picked out. You know what Father’s Day activities you’re going to do. But, when you sit down to write out the Father’s Day card, you just draw a blank.
It’s understandable — it’s hard to put into words exactly how to feel about Dad. Do you go with something sweet, that tries to encapsulate all your good feelings? Or do you want to go with something funny, since Dad always appreciates a good laugh?
Let us start you off. Use these Father’s Day messages below in your cards or on your Instagram captions, and Dad will be sure to let you know you did a good job, just as he always does.
Father’s Day Messages That Show Your Appreciation
- Dad, thank you for all the things you do for this family every day. You’re the best!
- You make this family fun. We love you, Dad!
- Dad, you’re the first person I turn to when I have a question or need some advice. Thank you for always answering.
- Thank you for always being there with your love, guidance and patience.
- Dad, thank you for your time, which you give daily; your care, which you give freely and your love, which you give unconditionally. Happy Father’s Day!
- Although we may be separated, your guidance and love has stuck with me through it all. Happy Father’s Day!
- I am so grateful to have a dad who is as wonderful as you. Thank you for everything. Happy Father’s Day!
Short Father’s Day Messages With Heaps of Praise
- There’s no better role model than you, Dad.
- There’s no one I’d rather look up to than you.
- I’m so proud to be your daughter/son.
- You’re my one and only dad, and you’ll always have a special place in my heart.
- Dad, you’ve made all my favorite memories.
- Happy Father’s Day to my biggest hero.
- There’s no other father like you in the world.
Father’s Day Messages Full of Wisdom
- The older I get, the more I realize how important it is to have a dad like you.
- Fathers and kids may not always see eye to eye, but they always see heart to heart.
- No matter how old someone gets, they never stop needing their father (especially if they have a dad like you).
- Every year, I learn to appreciate more the values you passed on to me.
- I would not be who I am today without you. Thank you, Dad!
- You bring so much joy into our lives. I hope today, we can return some.
Funny Father’s Day Messages
- Happy Father’s Day from your favorite pain in the butt.
- Happy Father’s Day! You did great — I turned out perfect.
- Gouda. Mozzarella. Brie. Sorry this card is so cheesy, but I really love you, Dad!
- Dad, you may not know everything, but you sure had me fooled for a while.
- I wouldn’t trade you for anything, Dad. I mean, nobody’s offered me anything, but I’m pretty sure I wouldn’t!
- World’s greatest farter … I mean father.
- Dear dad, Thank you for always saying yes when mom said no.
- Happy Father’s Day to one of my favorite parents.
- Dear dad, Thanks for not leaving me somewhere in a bucket.
Father’s Day Messages From a Wife/Spouse/Co-Parent/Partner
- I’m so grateful to be on this journey with you.
- You make our family whole. We love you!
- Our kids are learning from the best!
- Thank you for being such a good role model.
- To the best father, parent and partner a person could ask for! We couldn’t do it without you.
- Seeing what a great father you are makes me love you even more.
Father’s Day Messages From Young Sons/Daughters/Kids
- Thank you for helping us grow!
- We’re so lucky to have you as a father.
- Our favorite thing about you is _______.
- You’re the best dad in the whole, wide world!
- We love it when you play ______ with us.
- When we grow up, we want to be just like you!
Father’s Day Messages to a Brother
- Hope your kids don’t cause you the trouble that we caused our dad!
- To a wonderful uncle, and an even better dad!
- Your nieces and nephews think the world of you, enjoy the day!
- Happy Father’s Day to the man who gives our dad a run for his money.
- It’s amazing to see you grow into the dad you are today.
- Growing up together was great, but raising our kids together is even better!
Father’s Day Messages to a Friend
- Happy Father’s Day to a man who’s both a great father and a great friend!
- Happy Father’s Day to a great dad — you must be doing something right to have such terrific kids.
- Cheers to a dad that makes the rest of us look bad!
- Congrats on being such a great dad — the rest of us can learn a thing or two from you!
- Happy Father’s Day to a guy who has kids but somehow still manages to be the coolest person I know.
- Your kids and I have something in common: We’re lucky to have you in our lives.
Father’s Day Quotes
- “Any man can be a father, but it takes someone special to be a dad.” —Unknown
- “A father is a man who expects his son to be as good a man as he meant to be.” —Frank A. Clark
- “Dads are most ordinary men who are turned by love into the biggest hero, adventurers, storyteller and singer of songs.” —Pam Brown
- “A father is neither an anchor to hold us back nor a sail to take us there, but a guiding light whose love shows us the way.” —Unknown
- “The older I get, the smarter my father seems to get.” —Tim Russert
- “A father carries pictures where his money used to be.” —Steve Martin
- “A father is someone you look up to no matter how tall you grow.” —Unknown