Skip to content
As war continues, Kyiv and Moscow trade accusations at UN over attack on Zaporizhzhia nuclear power plant.
- NATO rejects Ukrainian calls to establish a “no-fly zone” amid Russian attacks.
- Multiple news outlets say they will pause their work inside Russia citing a new law that could mean jail for those found to be intentionally spreading “fake” news.
- US envoy to UN condemns Russia’s seizure of the largest nuclear power station in Europe, calling attack “reckless” and “dangerous”.
- Ukrainian officials say attack on the Zaporizhzhia nuclear power plant killed “several” people.
- Moscow denies attacking the site, blaming a fire that broke out there early on Friday on Ukrainian “saboteurs”.
- More than 1.2 million people have fled Ukraine to neighbouring countries, according to UN.
- Russia says it is blocking Facebook and restricting access to Twitter, citing restrictions on Russian media.