SURF AND TURF STEAK AND LOBSTER TAILS
FATHER’S DAY GRILL RECIPESDad doesn’t need another tie. What he needs is an epic surf and turf meal consisting of steak and lobster tails. Now that might be a Father’s Day that he will never forget. This fancy, restaurant-quality surf and turf meal is made with fresh lobster tail and tender and juicy rib-eye steak, and is packed with so much flavour with a delicious garlic butter sauce. It is surprisingly super quick and easy to make at home in about 30 minutes. Complete the meal with a side of creamy mashed potatoes and roasted vegetables.
WHAT IS A SURF AND TURF?
A surf and turf is a dish that contains both seafood and red meat. The most typical combination is beef steak with shellfish such as lobster, crab legs, or prawns. It’s usually meal that is served on a special occasion, but it actually so easy to make at home. To make this epic meal, you will need:lobster tailsgarlic butter for the lobster tails – melted butter, lemon juice, parsley, and garlic.rib eye steakssalt flakes and ground black pepper – to season the steak.olive oil – for grilling the steak.mashed potatoes and roasted vegetables – for serving.
You will also need tongs for grilling and an indoor grill pan (if you are not using an outdoor grill) for the steak.
HOW TO MAKE THE BEST SURF AND TURF WITH STEAK AND LOBSTER TAILS
0. Prepare the lobster tails. Cut a slit in the lobster shells along the center to the tail, leaving the tail base uncut. Open up the shell slightly and run your fingers throughout the inside the shell to detach the lobster meat from the shell. Grab the meat with your fingers and lift it up through the split shell, squeezing the shell back together and letting the meat rest on top of the shell. Make a shallow cut along the center so the lobster meat can easily soak up the wonderful butter garlic lemon juice. Rinse the lobster tails under cool water and gently pat dry with paper towels. Place the lobster tails on a baking sheet.
- Make the garlic butter. In a small bowl, combine 2 tablespoons melted butter, lemon juice, parsley, and 1 teaspoon minced garlic. Stir well and brush a generous amount on the lobster meat.
- Bake the lobster. Bake the lobster in the oven at 425F for 10 minutes (or broil it on high for 4-5 minutes) until the lobster is firm and opaque and its internal temperature reaches 140F.
- Prepare the steaks. Transfer the steaks out of the fridge 20-30 minutes prior, to bring them to room temperature. Pat the steaks dry and season with salt flakes and black pepper.
- Grill the steaks. Brush olive oil over a grill pan or skillet and heat over medium high heat for 3-4 minutes. Place steaks on the grill and cook for 1 minute, then rotate it 90 degrees to create criss cross grill marks and cook for another minute. Add remaining butter and minced garlic and baste the steaks by repeatedly pouring the butter and garlic mixture over the steaks with a spoon. For medium rare, cook until internal temperature reaches 135 F. For medium done, cook until 140 F. Let rest for 5 minutes.
- Serve. Assemble the steak and lobster on a plate with mashed potatoes and roasted vegetables. Pour the remaining garlic butter from the grill pan over the steak. Related: 50+ Father’s Day Quotes For Every Father Figure In Your Life
TIPS FOR MAKING STEAK AND LOBSTER TAILS
- Use your time efficiently. To make the most efficient use of your time, start preparing the lobster tails once you take out the steak from the fridge to allow it to warm up to room temperature. Once both are ready, you cook them at the same time. As soon as you place the steaks on the grill pan, put the lobster into the oven.
- How to check for doneness. Check for doneness by inserting a meat thermomter
- For the steaks: If you prefer a medium rare steak, cook until the internal temperature on your meat thermometer reads 135 F. A medium done steak will have a target temperature of 140 F.
- For the lobster tails: The lobster tails will be done once they are firm and opaque and its internal temperature reaches 140F. You can you can also check doneness by running a knife through the meat to check if the meat is firm and opaque. Checking the meat prevents overcooking, which results in a chewy and rubbery texture.
- Use a digital thermometer . A digital meat thermometer is very useful when cooking meat and seafood for checking doneness. Simply insert halfway inside the meat to get a quick measurement.
- How to serve. Serve on a plate with a side of mashed potatoes and roasted vegetables such as carrots, asparagus, and green beans. Some homemade dinner rolls are also really nice with this.
SURF AND TURF STEAK AND LOBSTER TAILS
Fancy, restaurant-quality surf and turf is super easy to make with fresh lobster tail and tender rib-eye steak with a delicious garlic butter sauce.Have a good time and have a great father’s day mealRelated: Father’s Day Gift Guide 2022: What to Get Dad This Year